Here are facts about students on school boards in South Carolina.
- In 1972, the South Carolina state department of education reported that they encouraged local school boards to consider roles for students on school boards.
- Today, the state superintendent of education has a student advisory council made of selected students who are chosen by the superintendent.
- Several district school boards in South Carolina have student representatives who cannot vote.
- Students on School Boards Toolbox Table of Contents
- SoundOut Guide to Students on School Boards 2nd Edition