Here are different facts about roles for students on school boards in Washington.
- In 1972, the Washington state department of education reported that they encouraged local school boards to consider roles for students on school boards.
- Today, students can join district and state school boards but cannot vote on either.
- Methods to select district representatives vary across the state.
- According to a 2005 article, “The Washington State School Directors Association estimates that just 20 students serve among the state’s 296 school boards. The seven-member Seattle School Board has no student representative.”
- Students on School Boards Toolbox Table of Contents
- SoundOut Guide to Students on School Boards 2nd Edition