Here are different facts about roles for students on school boards in Wyoming.
- In 1972, the Wyoming state department of education reported that they did not encourage local school boards to consider roles for students on school boards.
- They also reported there were several local student advisory councils.
- Today, students can join district school boards with methods to select district representatives varying across the state.
- Students on school boards in Wyoming serve one year terms.
- They are not formal members of the state school board association, and do not receive specific training to support their involvement.
- Students can attend the state school board association’s annual conference and board training activities similar to adult members.
- Students on School Boards Toolbox Table of Contents
- SoundOut Guide to Students on School Boards 2nd Edition