Here are different facts about roles for students on school boards in Arizona.
- There are 9 voting members of the Arizona State Board of Education. There are no student members.
- Students can join district and state level school boards but cannot legally vote in Arizona.
- Depending on district, the representative selected is usually the student body president at a local high school.
- Their terms are the length of those presidencies.
- Students are not formal members of the state school board association, and do not receive specific training to support their involvement.
- Students are allowed to attend any addition state school board association programs.
- Students on School Boards Toolbox Table of Contents
- SoundOut Guide to Students on School Boards 2nd Edition