Here are different facts about roles for students on school boards in West Virginia.
- In 1972, the West Virginia state department of education did not local school boards to consider roles for students on school boards.
- In 2009, a bill was introduced in the West Virginia Legislature to make a seat for a student representative on every county board of education in the state. It did not pass.
- In 2010, the West Virginia Board of Education added three West Virginia high school student representatives to the Board.
- Students have to apply for the position.
- Students on School Boards Toolbox Table of Contents
- SoundOut Guide to Students on School Boards 2nd Edition
Please cite this information as follows:
Fletcher, A. and Kunst, K. (2015) Students on School Boards Toolbox. Olympia, WA: SoundOut. Retrieved [xx/xx/20xx] from http://soundout.org/students-on-school-boards-toolbox.