The Madison Student Senate (MSS) in Wisconsin is the official way for students to communicate with the Madison School District Board of Education.
tramadol for sale
There are eight representatives from each high school on the MSS, as well as the student board member and alternate, and the losing candidates from the final election for the student member of the district board. The chair of the MSS is the alternate student member of the district board, and the student member themselves can share student concerns from the MSS as they feel appropriate.
ativan for salevalium online pharmacy buy phentermine online no prescription diazepam online pharmacy valium online no prescription buy valium online without prescription tramadol online pharmacy buy tramadol online ativan online pharmacy valium online pharmacy buy ambien online no prescription buy ambien online
Here are different facts about roles for students on school boards in Wisconsin.
- Students in Wisconsin can join district school boards.
- Students in Wisconsin can join Wisconsin state school board.
- Methods to select district representatives vary across the state.
- Students serve one year terms.
- They are not formal members of the state school board association, and do not receive specific training to support their involvement.
In the Madison, Wisconsin, a high school student representative and an alternate are elected by their peers to serve one calendar year on the Madison School District Board of Education.
The student representative has all the responsibilities of an adult school board member, except those prohibited by law, and casts an advisory vote. The representative meets regularly with the Madison Student Senate and middle school student council presidents. In addition, the elected youth representative writes a monthly column for each school’s newspaper to update students on the current activities of the School Board.
The process for being elected as the student member to the school board is:
- Any Madison high school student may run for a regular or alternate position on the board.
- A candidate forum is held for all students
- Candidates tour all the district’s high schools, giving speeches and answering students’ questions prior to a districtwide election.
- The student representative to the Madison School Board receives one pass/fail credit for participation, with the school board determining whether to pass or fail the student.
- The student representative to the board may be impeached by a two-thirds vote of both the MSS and the school board.