Here are facts about students on school boards in Pennsylvania.
- In 1972, the Pennsylvania state department of education reported that they encouraged local school boards to consider roles for students on school boards.
- Today, students can join district school boards but cannot vote.
- Selection methods vary, with appointments, selections and student council presidents being selected. Students cannot vote on the state school board.
- Students are formal members of the state school board association and receive specific training to support their involvement.
- The state school board association has a program for student board representatives at their annual conference.
- Students on School Boards Toolbox Table of Contents
- SoundOut Guide to Students on School Boards 2nd Edition