Here are different facts about roles for students on school boards in Virginia.
- Students in Virginia can join district and state school boards but cannot vote on either.
- Selection methods for district school boards vary across the state.
- They serve one year terms.
- Students are formal members of the state school board association, and do receive specific training to support their involvement.
- There is a special seminar at the state school board association convention.
- Students may attend all state school board association meetings and there are networking events for students at these meetings.
- Students on School Boards Toolbox Table of Contents
- SoundOut Guide to Students on School Boards 2nd Edition
- Virginia Law: Virginia Code 22.1-86.1 “Appointment of student representatives to local school boards.”